Sunday, July 19, 2015

Indy Band Review: The Girls - Drifty's Live - 7/18/15



Last night was probably the warmest one yet here in Indy...and the south side was heatin' up to a packed house rockin' with 'The Girls'...and all girl rock band...*grin*...yeah!  I always like to see the ladies front and center, so a whole band of 'em is pretty cool! This was my first time seeing them, and I understand they were minus their keyboardist this night...well pooh, I'm partial to those!
 
So, the steamy night's agenda included some Guns N' Roses 'Sweet Child O' Mine', Heart's 'Straight On'...definitely rockin' that! Fleetwood Mac 'Go Your Own Way', REO Speedwagon 'Roll With The Changes', a tune you don't typically hear on the local scene...some AC/DC 'Dirty Deeds'....y'all know that's my favorite band...can't say I ever heard a gal sing it...hmmmm....ok, I like it...and many others during my short visit.
 
I understand these ladies don't play a lot, so definitely catch them when they are out and about.  I am including the dates you can see them on the 'Hot Spot Calendar'. 'Like' their Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/thegirls2013?fref=ts   'The Girls' can rock....'let a woman rock you'....nothing wrong with that! Carry on ladies!
 
 
'The Girls' are...
 
Bea Isaacs
Julie Gerard
Pam Lee
Beau Brinkley
Kelly Oliver
Rhonda Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment